We are pleased to announce that the Franciscan Online Bibliography is now available as a resource.
The Bibliographia Franciscana systematically collects bibliographical references of the principal works (books, brochures, articles etc.) in every language in the field of Franciscanism from 1929 to the present day. This bibliographic material is organized according to a layout divided into ten sections, with numerous subsections:
- Aids and Work Tools;
- St. Francis of Assisi;
- Franciscan study and teaching;
- Franciscan writings;
- History of the 1st Order of St. Francis;
- Saint Clare of Assisi and the 2nd Order
- The 3rd Order Regular
- The Secular Franciscan Order
- Franciscan Art
The Bibliographia Franciscana includes information on many Franciscan authors such as: Alexander of Hales, St. Bonaventure, Roger Bacon, Peter John Olivi, John Duns Scotus, William of Ockham, Ramon Llull, St. Lawrence of Brindisi.
On 28 September 2019, in collaboration with Brepols Publishers, the Capuchin Historical Institute created the digital version of the Bibliographia Franciscana. The digital version, without detracting from the usefulness of the printed version, offers complete bibliographic references and supplies extensive possibilities for research. The online version will be continually updated and integrated as new data is made available.
The Bibliographia Franciscana is free of charge, and can be found at this web address: http://cpps.brepolis.net/bf/search.cfm?action=search_advanced&
- Multilingual interface (Italian, English, Spanish, French and German);
- About 7,000 bibliographic entries (2016-present);
- Advanced search options (author, title, year of publication, ISBN and ISSN, geographical area, field of study, period, people, etc.);
- Options for exporting bibliographic records in various formats (Endnote, Microsoft Office Word, Refworks, Zotero, etc.);
- Options for creating email notifications for new publications.
We also want to point out that any annual issue of Bibliographia Franciscana (paper version) can be requested from our management - www.istcap.org
We invite you to make use of this search tool!